#30lists July // Day 1-5
I mentioned earlier in this post, that I love listing & listography. I would be totally lost without my mental + physicals lists around my home and brain. Over the years i've enjoyed following and participating in 30 Days of Lists by Cam & Amy. Feel free to check them out here. I registered for their last creative challenge back in March, and I totally dropped the ball.
I'm finally tackling their creative listing challenge now...in July! Better late than never!! Feel free to join along and create your own lists. It's fun and doesn't take very long. You can be all fancy with scrapbook supplies, or simply just list on old school pen and paper, or use your lists as blog prompts/creative prompts digitally. Pre-baby, my favourite creative medium was Project Life. I'll have to share a peek at my old albums in another post sometime. I actually created this July list book with a random partially-used notebook I had laying around, and simply jazzed it up with old Project Life cards. If you'd like to get your own, they can be difficult to find in Canada. Usually just independent craft stores have them. Otherwise you can find them here.
Hope this inspires you to create and share your own. Let me know if you do!
Day One // It's Time to...
- document life more
- use cursive writing (and other lost arts)
- get back to basics
- quit worrying/no fear!
- abandon perfection
- live in the moment
- focus on joy
- organize and minimize
- set goals
- personal development/self care
Day Two // Projects I Want to Start This Month
- Use Polaroid Camera (Vintage)
- Catch up on Orson's Project Life - finish pregnancy album + first year of life!
- Daily Earthing/Grounding (challenge) - I'll be writing about this one soon.
- Keto Meals as much as possible
- Closet Cleanout! - we have been meaning to do this for quite some time. I'm tossing everything minus a few favourites!
- Use the Nikon! DIY photo-shoot - yes, I have a lot of unused camera. 100% of my current photos are all taken with my iPhone SE.
- Finish this July Listing Challenge!
- Write Lifetime Bucket List
- Get more active - gym? run? walk? lift? - i've been bad at this lately. I'm eating well but not intentionally exercising. I'm active in the sense that i'm constantly chasing after Orson and playing, but I enjoy strength training and would love to get back into it. My favourite local KW place to train is Wonderfit Training.
Day Three // Best Things About Getting Older
- Growing My Family (Matt + Orson + Whiskey) - Whiskey is our Boston Terrier for those that don't know him. I am not in love with the drink. You can see many of his posts on Instagram with #lifewithwhiskeyboy
- Self Love/Acceptance/Awareness
- Finding My Tribe
- Loving Deeper
- Quality over Quantity (this applies to relationships, possessions, etc).
- Beauty Aging/Battle Wounds - my body carries unique scars and battle wounds. I'm slowly learning to love them.
- Memory-Making & New Adventures (my favourite)
Day Four // How to Spend a Saturday Morning (How We Usually Spend Our Saturday Mornings)
- Sleep in (if Orson will join in on the extra ZZZ's)
- Snuggles in bed - before we get up we all lay in bed together while Orson does silly things and we all laugh together. He has a morning routine of waking up, looking at all the photos on our mantle and pointing to everyone while we say their name. He then likes to give a kiss to mama, dada, and puppy. Puppy isn't always particularly thrilled to be woken up for his morning kiss from Orson.
- Breakfast Sandwiches - either Matt or I will make breakfast sandwiches for everyone, or if we're not in the mood for cooking, we all walk over to the Yeti Cafe and get one of their breakfast sandwiches. My favourite is called the pregnant cowgirl. Check out their menu here.
- Market Walk + Shop - we love the Kitchener Market and supporting the local vendors. This is probably my favourite Saturday activity.
- Family Playtime! - we do this outside as much as possible in the summer.
Day Five // Favourite Quotes & Expressions
Disclaimer: This blog contains affiliate or referral links which may reward me in the event of a subscription or sale. I use these funds to feed my dog or buy diapers for my baby. You will not be charged extra, and you'll keep me supplied (and my dog alive). It's a win for everyone really.